How to use indico
Dear Organizer, please find below a simple instruction that warrants consistency with Conference4me agenda assistance. We import basic elements of your conference agenda from Indico to Conference4me application. Indico is a complex tool and not all features are supported.
Whether you need any further guidance how to create agenda in Indico please use tutorials f.e. https://learn.getindico.io/meetings/timetable/ to create timetable. We ask for understanding at this point due to the fact that we are not creator and experts of Indico system – we only share instance for free if our clients do not have any other Conference Management System.
Indico has some issues you should avoid to let us correctly synchronize indico with Conference4me system.
- Don’t change the timezone of the event.
- While adding a “Session Block” don’t ‘add another block to’ sessions. Use new session instead of session blocks.
- Session cannot start in one day and end in another. In such a case please add two or more separated sessions.
- If you want to add breaks like “Coffee break”, “Lunch” etc. don’t add them as Break, but as normal Session (point 1.) with the name like “Coffee break” etc. Indico does not export blocks of type Break.
- ‘Author’ role is not supported. Please use ‘Speaker’ role instead.
- Please do not create new contribution types.
- Session chairs in Indico are known as conveners. You can add them while creating/editing session.
- Bio data are passed only for speakers.
- Files added as links are visible in the app only for presentations, not sessions.
How to start with Indico
- Create an account in Indico. If you choosed to use our, free Indico instance go use this link: https://indico2.conference4me.psnc.pl/register
- Log in to your account
- Select “Conferences”
- “Create” -> “Conference”
After that you will be able to modify agenda of your conference.
How to add conference agenda to Indico
- Log in to Indico
- Select your conference and add new session:
- To edit the agenda login to indico, select your conference and add new session
4. Add presentations (in Indico they call them: contributions) to session. For each presentation you will see:
- title (editable),
- room name (only inherited from session),
- start time (editable),
- end time (editable),
- presenters in the same view (editable)
HINT: to insert some bio data please fill in “affiliation” field for presenters.
“affiliation” field data may be divided with new line with the use of html <br /> tag.
For example insert “University Bern <br />Germany” to see inside the app: